Yaxell Ypsilon 8" Chef's Knife with Magnetic Wooden Sheath
Constructed of Japanese SG2 Micro Carbide powder stainless steel; Japanese kanji is hand engraved on the blade
Core features 96 layers of alternating soft and hard stainless steel on each side with a total of 193 layers
- 63 Rockwell Hardness; approximate 12° double-bevel blade angle
Black canvas micarta handle with Samurai Crest and red spacers
Enclosed full tang handle construction ensures strength, durability and balance
Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 37200
- BBrokenboatVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoAmazingly sharp and balanced.
I purchased this and the smaller knife as a pair. Both are beautiful, but beyond their looks, they work. The knives are well balanced and the handles are very comfortable. I find myself still using my index finger on the blade, but that is personal preference (or habit). From a pure artistic standpoint, they are worth the money, but I think that as they age they will prove their value.
- LLeanVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoShiny
The packaging is good. I love the amazing design. Out of the box sharpness is good but it can be better. It can cut and meet expectations but it's not razor sharp. I'll sharpen it to razor sharp when it starts to dull and I know I'll enjoy doing it. And this knife is shiny out of the box. It is a work of art.
- Aandy2568Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoa beautiful knife
I sharpen knives for a living and because of that I have quite a collection of knives. Up until now my favourite was the yaxell super you but now this incredibly gorgeous and hideously sharp knife is. Straight out of the box it's sharp but i dull them and then sharpen. I put about a 8-12 degree angle on it and this knife could probably shave your face. The steel is very hard so always use a wooden chopping board and it will stay sharp for weeks. I strop every time I use it and 3 weeks later it's still just as sharp. I have made my friends very jealous.
- ZZitoon74Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoGreat knife
Great blade, awesome finish!! A piece of art .
- RRayVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoAwesome Knife
This is an awesome knife. The fit and finish is flawless. Razor sharp right out of the box. I was worried about the handle profile being to much for my small hands but it was very comfortable.