Yaxell Ran Plus 4.75" Petty Knife
- Constructed of Japanese VG10 Cobalt Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel with Damascus design pattern; Japanese kanji is hand engraved on the blade
- Features 34 layers of hard and soft stainless steel on each side, resulting in 69 layers total
- 61 Rockwell Hardness; approximate 12° double-bevel blade angle
- Black canvas micarta handle with two stainless steel rivets
- Enclosed full tang handle construction ensures strength, durability and balance
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 36602
- BBryce99Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoA great knife
This is our first petty knife. Sized perfectly for jobs too small for large chef and santoku blades and too large for paring knives. Now that I've stated the obvious:
We have been using this knife for a month now. The VG 10, 61 HRC blade came out of the box incredibly sharp and still is. Its fit and finish are perfect, as is the overall weight.
The only issue: We both use a pinch grip. The knife is tail heavy with the balance point being at the forward rivet. As we use a pinch grip, the hand-feel is a bit "off".
Summarizing: It's a beautiful, almost perfect knife. A high quality, comfortable, razor sharp blade that holds its edge. A workhorse knife that's a pleasure to use.
Yaxell quality through and through.