Yaxell Ran Plus 8" Kiritsuke Knife
- Constructed of Japanese VG10 Cobalt Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel with Damascus design pattern; Japanese kanji is hand engraved on the blade
- Features 34 layers of hard and soft stainless steel on each side, resulting in 69 layers total
- 61 Rockwell Hardness; approximate 12° double-bevel blade angle
- Black canvas micarta handle with two stainless steel rivets
- Enclosed full tang handle construction ensures strength, durability and balance
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 36634
- NNframesI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoEveryone needs a knife to abuse
We all know not to cut bones with a Takeda NAS, but sometimes I need to quarter a whole grilled chicken to serve portions. When the going gets tough, and I'm nervous about using an artisan knife I could turn to a clunky western chef's knife, or an attractive light and sharp Yaxell. It's no Masakage Kuma, but it looks and handles way better than a mercer or henckels chef's knife. And six chickens spatchcocked, then cut clean down the middle after cooking and no I'll effects.
- JJDAUSTINVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoThat's all you need
very very sharp, out of the box
slice tomato easily
slice meat (beef, pork belly) effortless
very balance @ the handle & the blade.
- CCookrdaveVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoFantastic Knife!
I've had this for a few weeks and adore it both its aesthetics and usability. It's heavier than a Shun which I like. The handle has a great hand feel and is comfortable for hours of use. The engraving is beautifully done and the edge out of the box was perfectly sharpened. I could cut paper without a snag.