Yaxell Mon 4" Paring Knife
- Blade core is made from 3-layer Japanese Cobalt Molybdenum Vanadium VG10 superior stainless steel clad by high quality stainless steel from both sides
- Sand-blast finish blade and Katana sword wave line gives an impressive appearance
- 61 Rockwell hardness; approximately 12° double-bevel blade angle
- Black canvas micarta handle with two stainless steel rivets
- Enclosed full tang handle construction ensures strength, durability and balance
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 36335
- RR--JVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoImpeccable Quality
I own Wusthof, Henckels, and Shun knives (an entire 30 + slot block is practically filled) and I must admit that I've been blown away by the quality of the Yaxell knives. I only own 2 of them, the first was the Yaxell sandwich knife and the quality/sharpness of the blade was of the highest quality --- and lead to me buying this Yaxell paring knife.
So, first of all, if you're giving this as a gift, the presentation box is excellent - so, it would make a nice gift for a knife-lover. Second, that other guy that claimed about "ridiculous proportions" is crazy. Yes, it's slightly larger overall than my Henckels or Wusthof paring knives, but that's an advantage IMO. Finally, the finish on the blade and the handle are next level. Just a gorgeous, well-balanced, and razor sharp cutting utensil.
- BbundamikavitzVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoquality
knives for me and knives for special gifts
they always appreciate good quality cutlery
- NNickelpigVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateHow old are you? 45-54Rated 4 out of 5 stars2 months agoFeels great in the hand
Thin spine makes for easy cutting. Blade is kind of broad. Feel kind of like a tiny chefs knife. Might not be the best for highly detailed work. But handle is the most comfortable of any Pairing Knife I've ever used