Wusthof 2 Stage Stainless Steel Hand-Held Knife Sharpener
- Designed for sharpening all varieties of knives, producing a cutting angle of 14° on each side (28° total)
- Coarse diamond stage is recommended for dull and blunt knife blades
- Fine ceramic stage is suitable for both fine sharpening followed by coarse sharpening, or regular resharpening
- The ceramic slats grind the blade to regain its original sharpness
- Ergonomic handle and the non-slip base of the knife sharpener ensure safe handling; for left and right-handed users
- Made in China
Item number: 3060388001
- SsuberjVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoIt Really Works !!
An old knife sharpener after much use does more harm than good. That's where I was at when I ordered this new sharpener and I couldn't believe the improvement over my older Wusthof hand-held model. I will never wait as long again before getting a replacement.
- NNilouVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoEasy to use.
Very easy to use and does a great job.
- ETElliott T.I recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoNew School
I am Old School with water sharpening stones. My grandfather from the old country taught me. I was headed that way, did extensive research on Wusthof, its steel, and finding an excellent stone company. It is an investment if you go in this direction. Then I gifted to my eldest sister several Wusthof knives and gave her the 4 channel Wusthof hand sharpener. The results were outstanding. Starting on my own collection, although I have a Wusthof honing steel, spending several hundred dollars on sharpening stones became an issue, not because of cost but due to occupying more space and the time spent both on setup, sharpening, cleanup. I decided on the New School, this Classic Ikon 2-stage. So if you are in a predicament about which to choose, this way is a great alternative; for now it will you save you a bundle, and not only that it works! This is made specifically for the Wusthof 14 degree bevel. Sturdy. Keep it simple: Go with the folks that made your knives. Later on add the stones if needed. The double bolster at the heel of the Classic knife blade does not get in the way of the Ikon sharpener. If it is an issue fo r you, do not purchase the Wusthof classic series, buy the 1 1/2 bolster design and enjoy those sharpening stones!
- KKentVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoExactly what I was looking for!
Love this sharpener. I have the Classic Ikon knives and had a generic sharpener that left me guessing if I was using the correct degree for my blades edge. This puts the exact factory angle on my blade edge, super sharp!
- RTRick the drummer 6.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoso pleased
bought my knives about a month ago and got the sharpner ....2 stage with handle....awesome....will be getting the clever soon