Shun Premier 5.5" Nakiri Knife
VG-MAX steel core, Damascus clad with 34 micro-layers on each side of SUS410/SUS431 stainless steel; full tang
Hammered Tsuchime finish, helps release the food from the blade easily when slicing
Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
Contoured walnut PakkaWood handle accommodates right and left-handed users
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: TDM0742
- OOldGuyVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoPerfect gift.
I never touched this particular knife but let me explain why I agreed to review. 1. In the past I bought a Shun Nakiri knife for my daughter and she loves it. 2. I've had great experiences with Shun knives. 3. I chose this model over the Classic because as a gift I prefer an ambidextrous model. 4. I knew the recipient liked and used a Nakiri from a different brand. 5.The recipient reports that she loves the knife and she and her fiance fight over who get to use it.
- JJamieVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoGreat knife.
Love this knife! Use it daily.
- Tthe-MitchellVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoHas become my most-used
The Nakiri Knife can cut 1mm slices of a ripe tomato, easily.
- MMikeVanVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoArt and practicality combined at an affordable price
This would be our 5th Shun. I buy one Shun every year as a gift for my wife. She loves Shuns. For me, it is great to have a gift for my wife that will not be returned. More than that, these babies really deliver. Sharp as a scalpel, and absolutely beautiful.
- DdonthaveoneVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 25-34Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agogood prices and great products
I've bought multiple knives off this site the last year I received all of them in a timely manner and they all showed up in perfect condition