Shun Premier 7" Asian Chef's Knife
VG-MAX steel core, Damascus clad with 34 micro-layers on each side of SUS410/SUS431 stainless steel; full tang
Hammered Tsuchime finish, helps release the food from the blade easily when slicing
Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
Contoured walnut PakkaWood handle accommodates right and left-handed users
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: TDM0760
- NncncVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agothis feels so good in the hand
this blade feels like an extension to my hand control is tantamount to making you feel on top of your game
- SSalchefVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoGreat knife
This Shun knife exceeds my expectations. Very sharp. Great handle being that I’m a lefty. Blade slightly thinner great for filleting cutlets.
And of course Cutlery and More customer service is five stars all the way!!!
- BBIGCRCIIIVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoShun Premier Chef's Knife - Great Product.
I bought this knife for myself about a month ago and am very happy with the quality of this knife, as well as the cost. I wanted to add a Japanese style knife to my kitchen collection, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money. I have been very happy with this product, although it is super sharp and I have cut myself (small nick) when my finger slipped. Very happy with this purchase.
- BBeefyVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoComfy handle and fun to use
This is my idea of a utility knife.When my chef knife won't cut it , this comes as a surprise.The taper allows moves that are more agile than the chef knife of other shapes.The blade is mesmerizing with it,s exquisite pattern and finishing.The blades is singular Japanese and original.Makes ultra thin cuts easy when I want to.If your finicky about food,this may fit the bill.
- BBobVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 4 out of 5 stars5 years agoGreat Knife but...
I bought the knife for my wife, whose father is a Sushi Chef. She also enjoys cooking so I got her the right tool for the job. She loves the feel of the knife and is pleased with it. I am however surprised and a little dismayed that it did not come with a nice sheath for proper storage. I was also disappointed that the "Free Shipping" excluded Hawaii. I have bought and shipped enough to know shipping to the mainland, and to Hawaii is quite comparable to shipping anywhere.