Shun Kanso 6 Piece Knife Block Set
- Japanese AUS10A highly refined high-carbon vanadium stainless steel construction
- Heritage finish blade hides scratches and gives a rustic look that just improves with age
- Contoured handle is constructed of tagayasan, an extremely dense wood traditionally used to create Samurai iron sword wood handle; provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control; full tang
- 60 Rockwell rating in hardness; hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: SWTS0600
- ZzenVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agozenfully simplistic, beautiful, performance 2nd to NONE
the blade has that rustic...but not rusty look, 360 view of blade, handle, shows simple yet detailed craftsmanship
performance is as expected of shun and typical Japanese handcrafted cutlery
love that the honing steel is part of the set, but the 'set' could be improved to be more complete, by including the 7in santoku and the 7in utility (kiritsuke esque) and perhaps some sheers specific to this collection (optional?)
but I also completed it by getting the other 2 blades to fill the block, and in my opinion, WORTH EVERY PENNY...
in fact when I first saw this collection from shun, before even reading the description, I was already drawn to the appeal of the simplistic, rustic, quality of craftsmanship..., and to my surprise seeing the description and words used to describe this collection, zen, simplicity, quality, performance..., the product speaks for itself and will appeal naturally to those whom it was meant to appeal to...