Shun Kanso 8" Chef's Knife
Japanese AUS10A highly refined high-carbon vanadium stainless steel construction
Heritage finish blade hides scratches and gives a rustic look that just improves with age
Contoured handle is constructed of tagayasan, an extremely dense wood traditionally used to create Samurai iron sword wood handle; provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control; full tang
60 Rockwell rating in hardness; hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: SWT0706
- BbangVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 25-34Rated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoVery Happy
I took the Kanso to work alongside some other top quality Japanese knives, and it was my new favorite before the end of the first dinner shift. Very well-balanced, very lightweight and nimble. My other knives are harder steel and they tend to chip, especially if you let a rookie or a renegade chef use them. The Kanso doesn't chip. After 3 weeks of fulltime work, all it needs is the honing steel. This knife is an excellent investment. It outperforms much more expensive competitors, and it's just a joy to hold.
- PPullporkhash13Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 25-34Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoShun Kanso
I brought knife a couple weeks again to add to my collection. It is now my go too. Comfortable in the hand, awesome and feel.
- AAbelhamVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 25-34Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoVery pleased
Been using this knife almost all day every day for about two months now. I work in a fine dining kitchen and while on the line this knife helps me with everything with ease. Not impressed by the factory edge that was on the knife but after some time on a stone this thing is a razor and stays that way for days after the beatings it goes through. Was also a little worried about all the grooves around the handle thinking it would be difficult to keep clean but I have had no issues with that. Definitely recommend this knife.
- BBillVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoGreat Knife
Excellent knife for the money.These Japanese knifes are top quality and terrific for any kitchen cutting tasks.
- EElliottVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? BeginnerWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 18-24Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoFirst Buy
This is my first purchase of a professional knife for my kitchen. I am very happy with it.