Shun Kanso 7" Asian Utility Knife
Japanese AUS10A highly refined high-carbon vanadium stainless steel construction
Heritage finish blade hides scratches and gives a rustic look that just improves with age
Contoured handle is constructed of tagayasan, an extremely dense wood traditionally used to create Samurai iron sword wood handle; provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control; full tang
60 Rockwell rating in hardness; hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: SWT0767
- SSlickpacoVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoSweeeeet!
Love shun knives and when i saw this one knew I had to get it. As always beautifully sharp right out of of the box (to the woe of one of my fingers that now bends a little to far in the wrong direction. Never try to catch a falling shun). Performs exactly ad it should and weighted perfectly for whatever holding style you have. Handle still grips nice even when a little wet.
- TtripVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoSturdy and easy to handle
This knife works really well cutting veggies for salads. Haven't tried it on meat yet, but I like the heavy solid feel. It seems really easy to handle. Not too crazy about the handle material, but it doesn't slip and would be really hard to stain.
- BMBull M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoRustic and beautiful
Like stepping through time, the rustic looking but comfortable handle and the Shape of the blade that just old school but isn't and the balanced feel even after putting roughly a 13 degree bevel with M series shaptons. I love it's shape and I wish it came in 10 inch also, I'd own one that size in a heartbeat. Great design and functionality.
- BBullmanVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoMuch better than I imagined!
I own and freehand sharpen just about 96% or more of factory made, one offs, rare steels, single bevels, 70/30 bevels, if you name it is got it from Japanese, French, Maestro Wu (VERY UNDERRATED BRAND), German, a few from different countries. This for the price is everything I want and could ask for. I always sharpen my own right out of the box putting a Saber style edge on it, (out of the box, the sharpest factory knife I've come across in 25 plus years). It's more than worth the money and will get more once I relaunch my websites come mid-winter. The edge will be available for viewing plus video using this and several others. My only grip being a huge Japanese/Chinese style thin cleaver fan is there going to feel neglected since I think this is about as vertical as they are. Nothing like a brand that continues to grow with the market, if they made this design in S30v, it would be a unbeatable combo of functions and comfort. I feel sure someone will one day in this unique nakiri/cleaver/chef knife do all in one package. Hats off to cutlery and more for fast prompt get it out the door service. I love dealing with them. Bullman
- JJp187Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 25-34Rated 4 out of 5 stars6 years agoGreat knife, not special though.
I am a line cook in a high volume kitchen and it handles beautifully. The fit and weight are amazing but after a while my hand starts to cramp. This is my go to knife for heavy tasks