Shun Dual Core 8" Kiritsuke Knife
Dual core construction; 71 alternating micro-layers of VG10 and VG2, high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel extend all the way to the edge
Layers are welded together and fold-forged to give a finer grain to the steel and to create the herringbone pattern that allows the layers to alternate along the cutting edge
Traditional Japanese ebony PakkaWood octagon-shaped handle provide a comfortable and secure grip
Etched laminations in the blade reduce drag, helping food release from the blade and gliding through each cut quickly and easily
The hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (on each side) is light and thin; 60-61 Rockwell Hardness
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty; includes wooden saya sheath
Item number: VG0017
- DdrrayeyeVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars11 months agoAlmost too beautiful
Already my second dual core. Great feel, balance, and performance with an edge that's easy to maintain and refine.
- DDonthegoodsReadyVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoStunning
A great buy! Arrived in perfect condition and razor sharp. Effortlessly cuts and slices through every fruit, semi-soft vegetable and boneless meat. Care for this knife and it will take care of whatever you need it for.
- CChefVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoGift
Gift for so, he absolutely love especially it
- MMABVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoMy new favorite
I purchased this about three weeks ago. Even though I own many great knives, I made it a point to only use this knife for all that time unless I needed a pairing knife or a cleaver. I am an ameteur knife sharpener. I one several different systems (Wicked Edge, Apex, Lansky, stones, etc.). I know how to judge sharpness. Out of the box, this is the sharpener knife using the newspaper test of any knife I have tested. To my amazement, it would not shave hair. I used it for about a week and then sharpened on the Wicked Edge system. It become not only the best paper cutter but a great hair shaver. Then, I used it for two more weeks doing nothing more than honing with a ceramic rod with a 16 degree guide. I decided to test it again with the newspaper test. It cut a newspaper sheet from top to bottom like butter. It is an amazing knife that feels great in the hand. Shun thanks for another winner. My new favorite.
- EEricVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoSharp like Razor
I love this knife, I have over 10 k invested in knives... This is one of my favorites