Shun Classic 6" Ultimate Utility Knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
- Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese single-bevel blade angle 16° (one side)
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
- Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: DM0741
- BBunkeyVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoVersatile
A must have in my lineup of Shun knives. A definite go to for just about everything.
- TTerryPVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoSuper useful knife
I sent one (I've had mine for years) as a gift. Explained to the recipient (a chef) that it was one of my faves, because it is so versatile. My number one reason to love it -- I can turn an artichoke with this knife in 70 seconds. It's strong enough to deal with the fibrous nature of the beast, and easy to handle as I do it. Also, yeah, it's a great sandwich/utility knife...gets a lot of use in my kitchen, daily, and I have a lot of other knives.
- J3Joe 3.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat Knife
This item is extremely sharp. It’s cuts very well and looks beautiful. Had to make a wider opening in my knife block to accommodate its width. For $99 it should be great.
- JWJ W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoEasy to handle.
Price was right. Would buy it again for son in law.
- EenthusiastVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoGreat sandwich knife
This Shun Ultimate Utility Knife makes a great sandwich knife. It has no point on the blade so it's not for coring tomatoes etc., but it slices bread and sandwiches extremely smoothly.
I did due diligence searching reviews online before purchasing this knife and was informed in reviews and question answers including on this site that the blade height edge to spine was 1.5 inches. Upon receipt, I found the knife blade height is 1.75 inches requiring me to modify my knife block to accommodate it.