Shun Classic 7 Piece Knife Block Set
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
- Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
- Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: DM2003B
- MMomVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoSharpest knives I have ever used
My son is a “blade head” and recommended this block of knives for me as a home cook. Love the quality and sharpness—makes a big difference.
- KKingerVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoSo comfortable and precise sharpness for cutting!
After years of using German knives I opted to try a shun santoku. Best decision ever. Upgraded to a full set of shun and haven’t looked back. You’ll be amazed how well they cut. Just clean them after every use immediately and will last forever. Pair these with their Hinoki cutting boards and you’re set! Thank you so much to the cutlery and more staff and dawn c! Will recommend and repeat for future purchases.
- DDianaVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoGreat knives
We saw these knives in a store and loved them, but they were expensive. So, we checked on line and found the same set on Cutlery and more for $100.00 less . Plus we got a 40.00 coupon and bought another pairing knife to go with the set.
- IDInspired D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars8 years agoSuper Sharp and Beautiful Knife Set - Recommend Additional Knives
Shun Classic knives are wonderfully made and useful knives with attractive Japanese styling. My Santoku and Chefs knife cut through a large onion like it wasn't there.
Getting this five piece Shun Block set instead of the 7 piece set gives you a more attractive block than the seven piece set with a burnt in logo instead of label like the 7 piece set and offers a way to upgrade and get a better bread knife (assuming you are budgeting) over that shown with the 7 Piece Set for the same net price when done upgrading.
Although the 8 inch Chef's knife is heavy enough, the six inch Utility knife that comes with the set is somewhat thin and light (why I did not give five stars) , and is not so great for chopping vegetables. If you want something that is still heavy enough to do a great job with vegetables and chops better than a chef's knife yet is more nimble than the large Chef's Knife for chopping vegetables, I recommend getting the Shun 7" Santoku knife. If like me, you don't want a hollowed Satoku one with the indentations in the side, factory authorized vendors other than Amazon such as Cutlery and More (tax fee also) sell the solid Shun Satoku for the same price as the hollowed out.
As some people have reported accidentally chipping the knives, I recommend buying them from factory authorized dealers such as Cutlery and More to insure your lifetime warranty is available. You may want to ask if not sure before you buy.
I bought the Shun Classic 5 piece insead of the Classic…