Shun Classic 6" Gokujo Boning/Fillet Knife
Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: DM0743
- SSwiftyVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat boning knife
I bought this knife for turkey prep this year. As expected from a Shun knife high quality and feel in your hand. As the description states it is not a flexible blade which is what I wanted.
- TTX223Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoShun Quality
The blade is extremely sharp as expected from a Shun. I use it to process whole chickens easily. The curve of the blade provides the extra blade length in a short knife to get the job done quickly. No regrets purchasing this knife.
- MMayhawmanVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoJust what I hoped it would do.
I found this knife to be exceptionally useful for all sorts of food prep and then delicate carving. Just the right size, weight and shape as well as being very sharp.
- TTunaVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoOver the top all around.
If you have never treated yourself to a sweet boning knife, you just won’t have a clue what this knife can do! The look and feel is only the beginning. It’s very sharp and seems like a laser when stripping bones. Has a unique sharpening angle, I use stones. I stepped up and am glad.
- HhunterI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agogreat shape for boning
i bought this knife specifically for boning which it does wonderfully