Shun Classic 9" Bread Knife
Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese single-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: DM0705
- BBryce99Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoFinally, a bread knife that works!
After owning several high end bread knives, I've found one that works beautifully - The Shun 9-inch bread knife.
Many others cut bread OK. BUT, they aren't designed well enough to cut thru the contents of a sandwich cleanly.
Since most of bread slicing is with sandwiches, I need something that cuts cleanly and easily through the entire sandwich. This knife cuts cleanly - not only through the top bread layer, but whatever lies in between and the slice on the bottom!
Excellent fit and finish. Balance is spot on. It is now my go-to bread knife.
- JJavamanVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoFantastic Just as Claimed
Cuts are buttery smooth, clean, and cumbersome free. Absolute joy to use!
- ATAdam T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoVery sharp
Bought a few weeks ago for my girlfriend, and she loves it. Best bread knife either of us have came across. Incredibly sharp and well constructed.
- KKcvogtVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoBread Knife
This knife cuts like no other. Cuts bread without shredding it. Cut as thin as you like. Very satisfied.
- DDavidVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 25-34Rated 4 out of 5 stars3 years agoBlasts through bread
This knife slices through hard and soft crust breads without crushing. 4 of 5 stars because the blade is not 100% straight but it doesn't affect performance. Might have preferred pointier serrations but works great. Scary sharp and will cut through boards if you are not careful.