Miyabi Mizu SG2 7" Santoku Knife
- Micro Carbide powder steel SG2 construction (MC63); core is surrounded with a hammered stainless steel Damascus textured finish
- 63 Rockwell hardness; special Criodur ice-hardening process maximizes properties of the steel
- Traditional Japanese blade hand-honed to a 9 to 12° angle
- Micarta D-shape handle, with a mosaic accent complimented by red spacers and a metal end cap with logo
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 32917-183
- DDavidVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoAwesome with a hiccup
This knife is not disappointing! It is light, and thin, yet strong. Fit and finish is top notch. The spine and choil are rounded and polished. The edge is second to none. The steel is very hard and I expect the edge to be very wear resistant. I chose a knife made of SG2 due to it’s properties. Both wear resistant (should hold it’s edge for a very long time) and stainless, this knife should be maintenance free for a very long time. It will be the “battle tank” and my “go to” of my collection. NOW, my full experience with Cutlery and More. The first knife that arrived had a slight curve or bend. The knife curved to the right. The curve was slight, but as a sharpener, this was unacceptable. I called C&M and was treated well. They paid for the return and shipped my replacement knife quickly. The replacement was pleasing and was all that I was expecting. Customer service was second to none. Would I recommend this knife to a friend? YES! As a matter of fact, I bought one for a friend as a Christmas present. It arrived with no bend and in perfect condition as well. I am a happy customer and will buy from C&M again. Try this knife, you will like it!
- Z&Zoey & the Moon B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoBeautiful Nimble Well Balanced Knife.
I love the Miyabi Mizu line. I own the 8" chef's knife and the Kiritsuke but this has become my favorite knife. It is so sharp, nimble, and well-balanced. I would like to try other knife manufacturer's knives but just can't stop buying the Mizu line. This knife won't disappoint you.
- MMacthescotVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoIt’s as functional as it is beautiful
A work of Art. I have purchased various brans of Japanese knives in the past year, but none rivals this one. I love it. It makes cutting a pleasure.
- RRomankudVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoSimply amazing!
I bought this knife after lots of research. I only use Japanese knives so I'm used to thin and sharp. I've used Shun knives for years but wanted to reward myself as a full time working dad that cooks every day for the family. I wanted something better and sharper than VG10 so when I saw this gorgeous knife in SG2 it was a perfect match. Highly recommend!
- KRKaren R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoSuper sharp
I bought this knife basically because of the sg2 feature so it won’t chip easily as other Japanese knives. The knife is beautiful and shining. Works great on most tasks except when it comes to rocking, it doesn’t perform as well as my old miyabi chef’s knife, which is probably due to the different blade shapes between these knives. I felt the feeling of “razor sharp” at the cost of a cut on my finger the first time I used it. Have to be extra careful when holding it.