Miyabi Mizu SG2 5.5" Prep Knife
- Micro Carbide powder steel SG2 construction (MC63); core is surrounded with a hammered stainless steel Damascus textured finish
- 63 Rockwell hardness; special Criodur ice-hardening process maximizes properties of the steel
- Traditional Japanese blade hand-honed to a 9 to 12° angle
- Micarta D-shape handle, with a mosaic accent complimented by red spacers and a metal end cap with logo
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 32915-143
- GGEPChefVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoSlice of heaven...
This is the fourth Miyabi knife I have bought and now display on their beautiful magnetic knife stand...and it's awesome. Stunning blade, beautiful and surgically sharp! Makes prep work a breeze...but don't drop it!
- RrrdeckerVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoGreat Little knife
This is second knife I have purchased from the Miyabi Mizu line and I am very happy with both. I like that the Mizu line gets you a beautiful knife with the SG2 core at lower cost.
I got it to complement my chef life, to be used for the small tedious task. My wife instantly adopted it as her go to knife for cutting fruit and vegetables for the kids.
Literally sharp enough to shave with out of the box and holds the edge well.
This is one we will be giving as gifts to loved ones.
Note: I have learned to use a strop with Miyabi knives instead of a honing steel to tune the edge. Review under magnification showed the steel hone left a rainbow colored jagged edge, like it burned the knife edge. A strop with compound leaves a polished razor sharp edge.
- MMocapVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoNice little knife
The knife is light, nibble and supper sharp. Just like my other Mizu purchases. I have enjoyed using this knife and I am glad I haves added it to my collection.
- DDsch1Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoA thing of beauty is a joy forever.
Lovely to look upon, this prep knife feels good in the hand, is extremely sharp,and moves effortlessly through fruit, vegetables, chicken. For a home cook, an absolute delight.
- Ddadto7Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoDoes everything
Very sharp an d well balanced. Lighter than I expected. My new "go to" knife works for many tasks. Perfect size.