Miyabi Mizu SG2 9.5" Kiritsuke Knife
- Micro Carbide powder steel SG2 construction (MC63); core is surrounded with a hammered stainless steel Damascus textured finish
- 63 Rockwell hardness; special Criodur ice-hardening process maximizes properties of the steel
- Traditional Japanese blade hand-honed to a 9 to 12° angle
- Micarta D-shape handle, with a mosaic accent complimented by red spacers and a metal end cap with logo
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 32928-243
- LPLilly P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHow old are you? 25-34Rated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoSG2 - Impressive
For an SG2 knife, this one is hard to beat. It's affordable and the quality is really quite good. It comes with an excellent factory edge, but after polishing it up a little bit on 4000 and 8000 grit stones, even cutting thick paper, along with the nice weight of this knife, felt like cutting through air. You really notice the difference SG2 makes compared to other steels that are popular for knives in a similar category. It's very easy to work with and feels very, very clean while you cut. The weight in particular is quite nice as it makes cutting effortless if you have a lighter touch as I do. The straight profile is nice if you're a fan of push cuts, and combined with the length, this knife also makes an excellent general slicer when you're not using it for general work. The handle is quite comfortable, a bit better than other D shaped handles I've tried.
- PP98Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoPrice and Value
$179 for a 9.5" SG2! This deal can't be beat. The kiritsuke has a unique long, flat edge, making it good for precise even chopping and for slicing meat.