Miyabi Mizu SG2 6" Chef's Knife
- Micro Carbide powder steel SG2 construction (MC63); core is surrounded with a hammered stainless steel Damascus textured finish
- 63 Rockwell hardness; special Criodur ice-hardening process maximizes properties of the steel
- Traditional Japanese blade hand-honed to a 9 to 12° angle
- Micarta D-shape handle, with a mosaic accent complimented by red spacers and a metal end cap with logo
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 32911-163
- TKTodd K.Verified BuyerReviewingMiyabi Mizu SG2 6" Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Bought For A GiftHas Owned Product For Under 1 MonthUses Product WeeklyRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoMiyabi Mizu
Miyabi is one of my favorite Knife makers.
- HHHirofumi H.Verified BuyerReviewingMiyabi Mizu SG2 8" Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleBought For MyselfHas Owned Product For Under 1 MonthUses Product DailyRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoWicked sharp, needs care of brittle cutting edge and soft surrounding stainless.
Outstanding knife, able to still cut paper thin tomato slices even after a month of use. Cutting surface is SG2 and needs to be cared for -- seems to have inadvertently formed tiny chips from slapping the knife against a magnetic wall knife holder. I didn't like the aesthetics of the shiny hammered stainless and red logo on the side of the blade, and they rubbed down easily to a nice matte finish using a scotch guard pad. The SG2 core is rock hard, but the rest of the blade is relatively soft stainless which made that easy. I imagine it would scratch easily if it's important to you to keep up the shine. The surrounding stainless also deforms / bends if forced, so need to be careful of that as well.
- 11echocharleyVerified BuyerReviewingMiyabi Mizu SG2 8" Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agothe 8"Miyiabi Mizu Chef knive is a quality tool
I like the 5.5 but I wanted something larger for all around chopping/slicing, so a bought the 8" and I love the feel and distance from the surface i'm working on, and I wanted it to stay sharp for the intire event. The 8" Miyabi Chef is a superb knife that does it all.
- GMG M.Verified BuyerReviewingMiyabi Mizu SG2 8" Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat Features
Sharp, shiny and ready for whatever. Hammered finish looks sharp. Would definitely buy Miyabi again.Cutlery and More1 year agoHi G Mill, thank you for your review. HOORAY! We love your positive feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us! Happy Cooking!
- WwebchefVerified BuyerReviewingMiyabi Mizu SG2 6" Chef's KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agopro level quality
be careful with this knife, extremely sharp, very accurate cuts can be made. probably my best knife. I have this model in 2 different sizes. also its holding an edge very well. as a pro chef I can say using good knife skills is a must.