Miyabi Kaizen 9.5" Slicing Knife
- VG10 super steel (CMV60) encased by 64 layers of Damascus
- Damascus pattern uses a traditional 3-step Honbazuke technique
- 60 Rockwell Hardness; traditional Japanese blade hand-honed to a double bevel 9 to 12° angle
- Micarta D-shape handle with mosaic accent complimented by red spacers and a steel end-cap with logo
- Handcrafted by expert artisans in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only
Item number: 34188-243
- BBruceVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoMiyabi Kaizen - 9.5-inch Carving Knife
Knife is very sharp and pleasure to use, I love it.
- DdeejayVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoSuper Sharp
I bought this carver specifically because I was tired of tearing the skin on breast meat for the Thanksgiving Turkey. This knife performed magnificently. The obvious quality and beauty of the knife will make it a family heirloom
- CHChuck H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 4 out of 5 stars8 years agoVery good for the price range
This is my most recent addition to my set. These knives are very well made with above average materials. Great set for anyone who understands the care and intended use of hardened, very thin blades. All of Kaizens I have purchased have been very consistent in quality, fit and finish. This slicer is the only one that I notice the secondary bevel was very short (i.e. distance of Hasaki to Shinogi line). Other than that it slices boneless prepared meats like butter.