Miyabi Kaizen II 9.5" Slicing Knife
- Friodur(x2) fine carbide, forged from a core of advanced FC61 super stainless steel
- 49 layers of stainless steel with Damascus pattern using a traditional 4-step Honbazuke technique
- 61 Rockwell Hardness; traditional Japanese blade hand-honed to a 9 to 12° angle
- Larger steel bolster and Pakkawood handle with mosaic accent pin and red spacer, complimented by a steel end cap with logo
- Made in Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only
Item number: 34680-243
- TturtlepowerVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 4 out of 5 stars3 years agosolid
I'm not a Chef, don't work in a kitchen professionally. I love to bqq, host quite a bit, so I do put some miles on my kitchen equipment but nothing major or serious. Average Joe. That being, this is a solid knife for salmon filet, tritip etc. But not necessarily "better" than a decent Chef's knife. I don't really notice a difference in the quality or presentation of the meat when I use this knife to cut/plate a ribeye or a brisket vs using a decent chef's knife.
Don't get me wrong, I don't regret the purchase as the knife does what is intended to do, but I wouldn't call it a must have addition as you can use your chef's knife for the same purpose (If I were to do it again, I would really really splurge on an amazing chef's knife and forego a slicing/carving knife). However, this knife looks much better on the cutting board while serving guests it is sleek/slender and really gorgeous.