Miyabi Birchwood SG2 7" Santoku Knife
- Constructed of SG2 micro-carbide steel with Damascus design, total of 101 layers
- Blade features a Katana 9.5 to 12° edge, hand-honed using the traditional 3-step Japanese Honbazuke method
- 5000MCD, Cryodur ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell hardness; rounded spine and heel
- Traditional Japanese D-shape handle made of Karelian Birchwood; the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg
- Handle features a mosaic pin accent with two red spacers and stainless engraved end cap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only
Item number: 34374-183
- AArgo1013Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat knife
I am very happy with this knife. I was considered between getting this knife and the rocking Santoku. I am very happy with my choice because I can still do a rocking motion very comfortably and I am very satisfied with this knife.
- TTNT71Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoIt’s sharpness is only exceeded by it’s beauty
I have a set of Bob Kramer Damascus and the handles were too large for my wife. So I have purchased her several of the Miyabi Birchwood knifes. And I have to say I prefer the Miyabi. It is also sharper out of the box. Kramer’s are awesome but the Miyabi is like razor blade sharp. And lastly Cutlery and more hands down is the BEST place to purchase any kitchen ware. Their service and speed of shipment is unparalleled. Thanks again Cutlery and more.
- CSChef S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoThe FINEST blade ever...!
Another AMAZING knife added to my collection of Miyabi Birchwood set!
- SMShooter M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoChristmas gift that was over the top.
The wife loves everything about her new Miyabi SG2-7. Number one was the weight and balance of the knife. The beauty of the Birchwood grip and the over all appearance of the blade give her a great deal of pride of ownership. It is a great gift.
- EEstradaVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 25-34Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoBeautiful knives!
Overall a beautiful knife needs to be treated like a child so handle with care.