Miyabi Birchwood SG2 3.5" Paring Knife
- Constructed of SG2 micro-carbide steel with Damascus design, total of 101 layers
- Blade features a Katana 9.5 to 12° edge, hand-honed using the traditional 3-step Japanese Honbazuke method
- 5000MCD, Cryodur ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell hardness; rounded spine and heel
- Traditional Japanese D-shape handle made of Karelian Birchwood; the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg
- Handle features a mosaic pin accent with two red spacers and stainless engraved end cap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only
Item number: 34372-093
- EEsharpVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoEAST-WEST
This little knife is an aesthetic tour de force combining the best of Japanese and Western design cues. From the hammered Damascus Blades to the elegant Birchwood handle this knife is a masterpiece of the knife makers art. It’s also razor-sharp and a pleasure to use.
- RRonVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoVery well made, very nice to use
Professional grade blade all the way
- EErikVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoFantastic Knives
This paring knife is fantastic; I have six knives from this collection and they are all great!
- JJoeyGVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoExcellent Knife!
I have been using Henkel knives for the last 15 years and was never 100switched from Henkel to Miyabi percent satisfied with how sharp I could get them and how long they held their edge. I switched to Miyabi and although pricey, they are great knives to work with. They are light weight, very sharp, and