Miyabi Birchwood SG2 6.5" Nakiri Knife
- Constructed of SG2 micro-carbide steel with Damascus design, total of 101 layers
- Blade features a Katana 9.5 to 12° edge, hand-honed using the traditional 3-step Japanese Honbazuke method
- 5000MCD, Cryodur ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell hardness; rounded spine and heel
- Traditional Japanese D-shape handle made of Karelian Birchwood; the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg
- Handle features a mosaic pin accent with two red spacers and stainless engraved end cap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only
Item number: 34375-173
- NNowVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoFantastic
Worth it, amazing and super sharp piece. Great Feel
- SStevenVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoBy far, best knife I have ever used!
This thing looks amazing, feels natural in your hand, and is razor sharp. It works really well at cutting and chopping vegetables. To top it off, I feel like a Samurai Warrior when I have it in my hand. Best knife I have ever used.
- BBrentskeetoVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoCuts things
I love this piece... I have 6 Damascus knives and this is a great add to my collection. I have used this on a daily basis for over a month (in a 10 hour shift I probably have a knife in my hand for 2-3 hours) I have not had to take this to a sharpening stone or iron yet... I have an Enso HD 5.5 and a couple of 7” Santoku knives..... This is advertised as a 6.5, but that is blade length not butt to tip.... This is a big knife for a fella with little hands and I am not in any way disappointed with that. Super comfortable handle.... the bolster is a smooth transition, but not as smooth as a Shan Zu or the “Shogun Series” from Dalstrong. The handle is super blond and seems to be darkening up with use, which I am kinda stoked about (oils from hands I guess) The birch wood has a “light finish” which I am super concerned about absorbing to much moister, but because it is kind of raw wood is slightly abrasive so you can keep a really good grip on it even when wet... All in all a very pretty knife with a crazy sharp cutting edge, polished smoothe surfaces for pinch grip and a gorgeous comfortable handle. I have been in the industry for a decade or so and there are definitely comparable knives in regards to functionality for cheaper, but this is a beautiful knife. Nice knives make prep fun. I do not regret my purchase.
- LLoveitI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoMy first Nakiri knife
It’s very light and sharp. I feel like a chef when using it haha. Seriously, it’s a piece of art, but very powerful.
- DDebVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoThe best knife!!!
My 4th knife from Cutlery and More! Very sharp and beautiful..!!! Do all my shopping here. Good prices and great service!