Miyabi Birchwood SG2 9" Bread Knife
- Constructed of SG2 micro-carbide steel with Damascus design, total of 101 layers
- Blade features a Katana 9.5 to 12° edge, hand-honed using the traditional 3-step Japanese Honbazuke method
- 5000MCD, Cryodur ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell hardness; rounded spine and heel
- Traditional Japanese D-shape handle made of Karelian Birchwood; the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg
- Handle features a mosaic pin accent with two red spacers and stainless engraved end cap
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only
Item number: 34376-233
- TTNT71Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoMiyabi Birchwood knives are the BEST
Miyabi Birchwood knives are incredibly razor sharp and absolutely beautiful. I had a complete set of Bob Kramer Damascus knives. I sold because the Miyabi Birchwood are sharper they fit better in your hand. Also the food does not stick to the blade like the BK Damascus. I personally do not think you can find a better knife than the Miyabi Birchwood.
- BBaeVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoBest bread knife ever
I make a lot of bread and can't stand to see it shredded by a poor knife or being unable to cut thin slices.
We have a paring knife and chef knife of this type and love their sharpness and handling. This bread knife did not disappoint.
Value? Very expensive but I'm willing and able to pay for fine tools if I'm going to actually use them frequently.
I considered a while before splurging on this but I use it daily and love it.
Care is called for as it is really sharp. You don't know you've been cut until you see the blood.
(Only one small cut - I'm very respectful now)