Messermeister Meridian Elite 6" Flexible Boning Knife
- One-piece, fully forged German stainless steel alloy blade; 56-57 Rockwell Hardness
- Hot dropped hammer forged high carbon stainless steel construction
- Hand-polished 15° Elite blade edge; ergonomic balance
- Triple rivet POM handle with polished spine
- Handcrafted in Germany with a lifetime warranty
Item number: E/3692-6F
- IDI Do The Speed L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? FemaleRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoVery maneuverable; for easy, precise de-boning
This knife fits in somewhere between my (fairly) straight flexible filleting knives that I use to remove skin from salmon and other fish, and my curved, sturdy, non-flexible boning knives. It definitely fills a niche!
It is valuable because it is lightweight and pliable, like my other flexible knives. So it bends as I try to stay close to the bone working the meat away from it. The blade has the curve of my sturdy non-flexible boning knives and that seems to make it more maneuverable. A flexible knife is very helpful with delicate de-boning work.
My experience tells me that I prefer a shorter blade for chicken and duck, while this one works great for deboning a turkey or for taking that bone out of a pork butt roast, for instance. If you ever try to do a Turducken, this knife is invaluable!
This Messenmeister Meridian Elite matches my Wusthof Classic knives very well.
- BBakermanI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoLove how she feels in my hand.............................
What a nice knife. Easy to work with, feels as if it is an extension of my hand. Very comfortable, flexible and very very sharp.