MAC Professional 5" Utility Knife
- Made with high carbon chrome Molybdenum steel with vanadium
- Rust resistant steel; 60 Rockwell hardness
- Riveted handle constructed of resin Pakkawood with bolster for added weight and balance
- Double bevel 15° blade angle on each side
- Made in Japan with a 25-year warranty
Item number: PKF-50
- JJRHawseVerified BuyerReviewingMAC Professional 5" Utility KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoExcellent Knife
This is a wonderful well engineered knife, perfect for smaller cutting jobs. Its sharp blade allows for easy navigation around fruit and vegetables, peeling and scoring. I would recommend this knife to anyone.
- KKitchennerdVerified BuyerReviewingMAC Professional 6" Utility KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoSolid, Well Made Utility
Had previously read about Mac's reputation among professionals for making durable, quality knives with above average fit and finish. Spotted this nimble looking utility, and decided to give the brand a try. Astonishingly thin and light in the hand, very sharp OOTB. After a week or so of use, noticed a small chip in the edge about halfway back from the tip (not sure if it arrived this way, or if the chip occurred with use; had used it primarily to cut produce only on and end-grain maple board). Spent about 10-15 minutes using an Edge-Pro to remove the chip and re-profile the edge starting with a 500 grit Shapton stone and then working through 1K and 4K stones to get a polished 30 degree edge (15 per side). Using magnification to monitor progress between grits, I was able to see some minor inconsistencies in the factory edge, but these were easily removed and the end result was a screaming sharp utility knife. Very pleased with the quality of the steel for the money.
- MMandvVerified BuyerReviewingMAC Professional 5" Utility KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? BeginnerRated 5 out of 5 stars8 years agoVery nice knife
I've been using the Mac knife for weeks now. It's a high quality knife and a pleasure to use. It's somewhat expensive and I'm thankful I can afford it.