MAC Original 3 Piece Knife Set
- Features a thin, razor-sharp blade made of extra-hard high-carbon Molybdenum Vanadium alloy; 60 Rockwell hardness
- Rounded tip for safety and to prevent the tip from bending/breaking
- Features a convenient hanging eyelet in blade; 15° blade angle
- Large, comfortable Pakkawood handles are elevated for extra clearance; rust and stain resistant
- Made in Japan with a 25-year warranty
Item number: GSP-31
- MMtnflyerVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoMac knives are ‘da bomb!
I bought the Mac original 3 knife starter set. I was frantically replacing my ‘go to’ Mac knife that had gotten lost. That knife was a hand me down that I had for over 10 years and it was still my favorite knife. I maight as well toss out all my others. The Mac knives stay sharp, are well built, and have a heft and feel that are perfect for me. Both of my brothers comments on how great the knives are when cooking with me, so I bought them their own sets. They aren’t cheap, but they are affordable for the average home chef.
- CLcat l.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? FemaleRated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agona
have had Mac's for 30 plus years and just needed new ones to supplement the old ones.
- TtoddxVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars8 years agoLOOK NO FURTHER!
Our best knife in the house was an old Mac knife. Though it needed sharpening and then some, we loved using it. The light bulb went on..What would new ones be like. Amazing. Blissful cutting has commenced! Another feature to note is the approach angle that Mac has from handle to blade. Compare and you will see a difference. MAC is more ergonomic.
- KGKerwin G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Bought For MyselfHas Owned Product For Under 1 MonthUses Product DailyRated 4 out of 5 stars1 week agoNot my father's MAC knife
Got a compliment from one of the Sous Chefs at the Beverly Hills Hotel about my new MAC knife... having said that, I must say that there is a stark difference between this knife and a MAC knife that my father got in the late 1970s. At the top of the photo is my dad's old MAC knife and the knife recently purchased is below it. Maybe it's the Hershey Bar syndrome in which the price remains the same but the product is smaller. In any case, you can see that besides the hole towards the top of the blade of the new MAC, its length is slightly shorter. However, there is a considerable gap in the girth of the two knives as well as its thickness. Will this affect its ability to slice? I'm still on the honeymoon with this knife so it will be a few weeks until I can make a realistic assessment...
- AAds417Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 4 out of 5 stars8 years agoGood handling and cutting
I bought the knife coz its sharp and light