MAC 10.5" Black Ceramic Honing Rod
- Rod has a steel core with rubber in between to reinforce the rod while providing shock absorption
- Rubberized end cap absorbs shock and to stabilize the rod against your cutting board while in use
- Ceramic honing rods are a much harder material than a traditional steel and have a much finer grit which obtains faster and better results
- Medium 2000 grit surface polishes your knife edge smooth
- Made in Taiwan
Item number: SRB-104
- MBMr B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoAs advertised. Works great
Needed a honing rod for my Mac knives and this thing is great.
- BBryce99Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoExcellent honing rod
Have had this rod for a month now. It's perfect for the new harder steels. It's ceramic fine abrasive doesn't take too much metal from the edge. Now I'm getting razor sharp blades without excessive metal removal.
- LLazarusOKI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoExcellent value
This honing rod was a very good choice for the price. Works great
- PPiedmontVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoExcellent product for knives with very hard steel
I recently started purchasing some Japanese knives with a Rockwell hardness of 61 plus. My traditional steel honing rod was not adequate to the task so I added this. Does a great job! Recommended. And yes the loop on the handle is flimsy plastic so purchase something else if you need to hang it.
- EerrkVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoGreat addition to knife bag
i bought this a little while ago and been using it at work. It keeps my knife nice n sharp during my sgift at work.