Kramer Stainless Damascus 5.5" Prep Knife
- Features a 101-layer blade with a deep-etched chevron Damascus design and SG2 super-steel core; 63 Rockwell Hardness
- Full tang tapered, triple riveted, linen micarta handle with signature decorative center pin
- Traditional 3-step hand-honed edge; 9 to 12° angle on each side for ultimate sharpness
- Blades are hand-finished, sharpened twice using a traditional honbazuke honing technique by skilled Japanese artisans, followed by a whetstone, custom grits and mirror polishing on a leather wheel
- Made in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 34891-143
- IDI Do The Speed L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? FemaleRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoQuickly became a "go-to"!
Grab this 5.5" knife before they are gone, as I think they are being phased out. I've used high quality Wusthof knives for three decades, and this year decided to add some beauty to my practical knife-use. But what to choose that's different, when I already have all the usual styles and lengths?
I chose this: The beauty of this superb Damascus pattern, coupled with a knife a little bit longer than the regular prep knives. Something between a 6" chef knife and a prep knife. A knife that can slice through a huge onion or cut the tops from five-six carrots at a time.
This feels wonderful in the hand--the handle not too short, and not too narrow but not too bulky. It is so well balanced. It is a joy to use! A joy to own!