Kramer Stainless Damascus 6.5" Nakiri Knife
- Features a 101-layer blade with a deep-etched chevron Damascus design and SG2 super-steel core; 63 Rockwell Hardness
- Full tang tapered, triple riveted, linen micarta handle with signature decorative center pin
- Traditional 3-step hand-honed edge; 9 to 12° angle on each side for ultimate sharpness
- Blades are hand-finished, sharpened twice using a traditional honbazuke honing technique by skilled Japanese artisans, followed by a whetstone, custom grits and mirror polishing on a leather wheel
- Made in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 34892-173
- Ddeckard6969Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agogreat knife
Very happy with this knife as addition to our set of Bob Kramer chef knives
- NNchowahVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoBeautiful Knife
Gorgeous, such a beautiful piece of knife making art. Expensive, but it’s a lifetime purchase. Simply gorgeous!
- PpzcmanVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoAnother Kramer Kut Above the Rest
Kramer Knives are for many, including me, the gold standard of knives--especially his carbon steel knives, which are without peer. Kramer's partnership with Zwilling has made it possible to bring his knives into a price-point range that more can access. Although he has also produced a number of attractive knives in stainless steel, this Damascus series is the first with the heft and balance of his carbon steel knives. The Nakiri knife does not disappoint, performing favorably with the carbon steel line. Characteristic of Kramer's knives, excessive attention to detail delivers a Nakiri that is exceptional. It outperforms every other Nakiri with which I have worked. Consider this the most recent triumph in the Kramer line of cutlery.
- GgregledetVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoAmazingly beautiful and well balanced
I've been using this knife daily for a few weeks now and it's quickly becoming my favorite. I have a few other Kramer Euroline knives, including the 8 inch Damascus Chef's knife, but I just love this one, especially for vegetables. I was searching for this knife for quite some time and this was the only place I've been able to find it, so if you want the Kramer Zwilling Nakiri, jump on it now.
- RDRainy Day M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 3 out of 5 stars3 years agoNice useful kitchen knife, but not worth the $$$$
So, I was thrilled to receive this knife as my self-picked birthday present! Having two Kramers, my prized Carbon Steel 8” Chef and a less expensive 6” FC61 stainless, I thought this Nakiri (along with an Enso paring knife) would round out my kitchen knives for the rest of my life. Originally, I waffled between this Nakiri and the Kramer Meiji Santoku. Truth be told, in hindsight, with the Kramer 6” and 8” chefs, I don’t really need either the Nakiri or the Santoku, but you know how tempting these beautiful knives are.
Anyway, I was disappointed right out of the box. The Nakiri’s handle doesn’t have the same feel and girth as the Carbon Steel line. Don’t get me wrong, it is nice, but one of the features I love about my Carbon Steel is the beautiful ergonomic handle, and after studying pictures a bit closer, it appears that the Nakiri is the only knife 6” and larger in the Damascus line that sports a different handle. Perhaps there’s a reason I’m not aware of, however, I don’t see it, as the relatively same sized Damascus Santoku has the identical handle as the chef.
Most importantly, however, is that the knife arrived dull. Hence, to see if I really like the ergonomics and the shape, I need to sharpen it, which may make the knife non-returnable.
Bottom line: I do like the Nakiri, however, it’s not in the same ballpark as the Carbon Steel 8” Chef I already own and love, and it cost me 50% more (granted, I did get the Kramer Carbon on sale). So, if I were to gauge…