Global 8.5" Bread Knife
- Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel blade is made up of chromium, molybdenum and vanadium
- 10 to 15° serrated single bevel blade edge is ground on one side; single piece of steel for unsurpassed performance
- Ice-tempered, Rockwell Hardness of 56-58° holds a unique razor-sharp convex edge longer
- Stainless steel hygienic handle with signature dimple pattern offering a comfortable, slip-resistant grip
- Ergonomic handle is filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance
- Made in Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash with gentle dish soap and dry
Item number: G-9
- TTopherKerstingVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoThe best bread knife I have ever used
First, I like Global knives, partially because the handles fit my hand well. I know a few people who don't feel comfortable with them. As with any brand of knife, I recommend trying, as a bad grip can be dangerous.
I first tried my knife on a crusty baguette. I found that I could cut very thin slices with almost no crumbs. My old knife would have left me a pile. Next, I tried a soft potato hot dog bun. Again, very precise and no noticeable crumbs. Since then I have use it on bagels, dinner rolls, large sourdough loaves, and ordinary wheat bread sandwiches, all with perfect results.
I'm only sad that I waited as long as I did to buy it.
- DDavorVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoExtremely well balanced knife
It is very sharp and very well balanced. I wanted this knife for a long time and was always shy to buy it because of the price tag. It is worth every penny! Easy to clean. Lies very well in the hand.