Enso SG2 7" Bunka Knife
- Constructed of Japanese SG2 Micro Carbide powder stainless steel; 63 Rockwell Hardness
- 101 layer stainless steel Damascus construction with SG2 steel core; Japanese kanji is hand engraved on the blade
- Approximately 12° blade angle; double-bevel edge for both right and left-handed use
- Black canvas micarta handle with 18/10 stainless steel bolster and engraved end cap, red spacers and Samurai Crest
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty; clean with warm water and mild detergent
Item number: 35731
- TTherc74Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoSharpest Knife
I recently purchased the Enso 7inch Bunka knife and I couldn’t be happier. The knife is super sharp, light weight and well balanced. It holds an edge extremely well and I’ve owned many great knives including Shun and Global and this may surpass them all in terms of performance!
- TTorresVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoBest knife so far
Got it on sale month ago. Put it in use immediately it’s razor sharp be careful! With my continuing knives evolution I can certainly admit a big difference between Chinese made Copies and originals made in Japan. After few uses of 73 layers Damascan steel Chinese knife showed me microscopic dents right on the cutting edge of the knife, That was upsetting also it much heavier than Japanese. kudos to Japan! Looks like they know what they doing. and no offense to great country of China! Giving you pictures of both and thank you!
- FflagmanVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoStunningly beautiful and sharp
This is my first Bunka knife and I have been using it now for about a month. The fit and finish is outstanding and it comes incredibly sharp out of the box . . . I found no need to give it an extra strop or finish on a high grit stone. I use it for the most part as a substitute for a similar sized nakiri, and this knife is a bit thinner, lighter, and more delicate feeling than the nakiri. It makes short work of vegetables of all sort. Over a month of use, it feels just as sharp as the day I took it out of the box and hence haven't had tried sharpening it yet (I've been warned that SG2 is going to be more difficult to sharpen). The handle is beautiful and comfortable, although interestingly, feels a bit smaller than the more plain looking handles on the Enso HD knives, which I actually prefer over the handles on the SG2. Bottom line though is that this a great value for an SG2 knife, comes incredibly sharp out of the box, and is a joy to use. The bunka shape strikes a nice balance between a nakiri and a traditional western chef's knife.
- GGuyVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoEnso SG2 Bunka
First high end knife purchase for myself, a home cook. Beautiful knife. Very sharp out of the box. Great balance in the hand.
- AAvlMikeVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoYeessss
Beautifully made. Fit and finish are everything I could have hoped for. The handle is daintier than I'm used to but, for me, a pinch grip is probably best anyway for a blade of this design. It feels lighter than its 6.75 oz. weight. Balance point is right where it should be, at the choil. The knife arrived very sharp. After a couple of weeks as my go-to knife for vegetables, the edge is holding up nicely. I really like this knife.