Enso Hand-Forged 7" Aogami Super Bunka with Saya
Low Stock • Only 7 left • Ships in 24 Hours
- Hand-forged carbon steel blade; 65 Rockwell Hardness; features a rustic black kurouchi finish; Kurouchi roughly translates to "blacksmith's finish"
- Cutting core is aogami super (blue super carbon steel) that is then cladded in stainless steel for easier maintenance with the same performance of a carbon steel blade
- Teak wood octagonal handle with buffalo horn black ferrule; polished and rounded spine
- Hand-ground to approximately 12° razor-sharp double-bevel edge is more robust than a single edge and less prone to chip or nick
- Forging, heat treatment, grinding and sharpening are all done in the same shop; hand engraved Japanese kanji on the blade translates to "Enso Made in Japan"
- Handmade in a small blacksmith shop in Tsubame, which is a city located in Niigata Prefecture, Japan; teak wood saya is handmade in Japan
Item number: 28708