Chroma Type 301 7" Hakata Bocho
- Features an ergonomic handle designed by F.A. Porsche
- Constructed of high-quality 18/10 Japanese 301 stainless steel
- Metal pearl clearly demarcates the end of the handle for better control when cutting
- Seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle
- Special grinding method is used, so the knife stays sharp longer and is easier to sharpen
Item number: P40
- KKeithVerified BuyerReviewingChroma Type 301 7" Hakata BochoI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoVery sharp and surprisingly comfortable handle
The Chroma Type 301 Hakata Boho was very sharp right out of the box. The knife has a good weight and nice feel to it. I was also very surprised at how comfortable the handle was. The handle looks like it might not be comfortable, but once you get it in your hands, it is very comfortable, especially once you start using it. The steel pearls that are part of Chroma's unique handle design make it really easy to know where to place your hand without even looking. Additionally the pearls allow for a great pinch grip on the knife with excellent control and grip. The pearl on the one side allows you to press backward with your pointing finger and the pearl on the opposite side allows you to press forward with your thumb for a very secure grip.
About the only recommended change I'd have concerning the design is to eliminate the curve of the spine. It makes the knife look wicked cool, but it prevents using the spine as a bench scrape.