Shun Premier 9 Piece Knife Block Set
VG-MAX steel core, Damascus clad with 34 micro-layers on each side of SUS410/SUS431 stainless steel; full tang
Hammered Tsuchime finish, helps release the food from the blade easily when slicing
Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
Contoured walnut PakkaWood handle accommodates right and left-handed users
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: TDMS0900
- RDRobert D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Bought For MyselfHas Owned Product For Under 1 MonthUses Product DailyRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoShun Premier Knives are Great
Best knives I ever owned. High quality and Beautiful. Received several compliments.
- PPatrickVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 25-34Rated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoGood starter or beginner set
This is a solid set to dip your toes into the world of high end cutlery. The block seems well made, though I will not be using it. The set has all of the essential kitchen needs plus a couple bonus round extras like the flat paring knife and a carving/slicing knife, and the block has a couple of extra slots, say for a boning knife or another utility knife or some kind. There are three extra slots, one wide, one medium, and one skinny available to hold any specialty knives you want to round out the set.
On to the knives themselves The handle shape is very pleasing, the pictures do not do the blade any justice, the hand hammering and Damascus pattern is a stunning combination. The knives are very sharp, I've been a chef for a long long time and managed to cut myself on day two with the bread knife because I was being dumb, but the knife grazed my skin lightly and left a tiny cut. Exercise caution if you're not used to high end blades.
The edge geometry is nice, the bevels and tapers all work very well, the bolsters are comfortable with a pinch grip, and the handles are smooth and as I said the shape is great for all tasks. The knives all balance right at the bolster, they're perfect.
If you're new to high end cutlery, these knives are sharpened at a different angle than knives used to be sharpened. If you're not comfortable with hand sharpening or think one of those drag through tools for scissors and lawnmower blades is the good way, please send these knives in to Shun…
- UMuncle m.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoShun knives
best knives set I have ever owned super sharp great looks
- SSidsakVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoPure perfection
Beautiful, and performance! At a great price! I was lucky to get this on sale.
- IIrmaVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoChristmas gift
These stunning knives were a big hit with my friends. They love the set!!!