Shun Classic 7" Santoku Knife
Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: DM0702
- DSDan S.Verified BuyerReviewingShun Classic 7" Santoku KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Bought For MyselfHas Owned Product For 1 – 3 MonthsUses Product DailyRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoClassic SHUN quality and performance
The 7" SHUN Santoku is just the right heft and size for most kitchen jobs. I'm personally surprised that a knife this large feels so right in the hand, has the balance, spine and accuracy to do most all sous prep better than the chef's knife it has replaced. My wife and I serious home cooks, so I ordered a 5.5" santoku for her much smaller hands. It just doesn't have the same utility as the 7" knife, and she's gravitated towards the 7" exclusely.
- EEOTHEMANVerified BuyerReviewingShun Classic 7" Santoku KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoPerfectly balance. Finely crafted.
This is an excellent santoku. Im so glad I bought this size. It fits perfectly in my hand and makes those fine cuts and dicing much easier.
- PPitt2021Verified BuyerReviewingShun Classic 7" Santoku KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoAn exceptionally beautiful and sharp knife
I bought this knife for my teenage daughter, who is beginning to enjoy the art of cooking and baking. She had used an inferior Santoku knife but noted how much she liked the feel, weight and the utilitarian nature of that knife. So, I knew I needed to get her a high quality, well crafted Santoku and decided on the Shun classic line to start her set. She loves it!!!
- SSJEGMDVerified BuyerReviewingShun Classic 7" Santoku KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoGreat knife, great selection and service.
I love this Shun Santorum knife. It is sharp.well-balanced, useful for alll larger slicing/cutting jobs. I also purchased the Shun Classic boning knife, and the Kai knife sharpener ( the manual one that slides out from its case). All products are GREAT !
- MMomentousVerified BuyerReviewingShun Classic 7" Santoku KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoSharp knife
Knife came in 2 weeks ago and only have used it once. Very sharp knife. More use will come.