Shun Classic 8" Kiritsuke Knife
Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty
Item number: DM0771
- PTPaul T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoDifferent than what I’m used too but loving it
I’ve had an 8 inch wusthoff classic for 20 years. It’s been a work horse for me since my days as a line cook; the sharp edges on the handle have been worn nice and smooth, it’s my baby…but I digress, this isn’t about my German first love. Sadly I moved overseas and left it with my parents. I thought I could get by with a cheapy knife from the store but it’s really unsatisfying driving a fiat when you’ve been driving a porsche for a long time. I decided to throw down coin and get a quality knife. I didn’t want to cheat on my wusthoff by buying another classic. I’ve always liked Japanese style knives but wanted something distinct looking with more of a curved blade bc I rock chop more than push cut. This bad boy caught my eye bc it’s beautiful….and it was on sale. After a month and a good nick on my index finger from carelessly pinch gripping (there is no bolster on this knife and I wasn’t use to the cutting edge going all the way to the bottom of the blade) I have come to love this knife. I call it my mistress. The knife is lighter and blade is thinner than my classic. It feels more exact and I feel like I cut with more precision. I tend to baby it more bc it doesn’t feel like it can take the abuse of my classic. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend this knife if you’re looking for a unique, Japanese style knife with the ability to rock chop like a western style chef’s knife. Toodles.
- SSylsolVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? FemaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoThe best of the best!
Bought one for my son-in-law and one for my oldest grandson and they are so impressed and happy with them, bragging and impressing their friends!
- Mmttaylor9Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoLOVE this Shun
I have always wanted a Shun. Even having Global knives I would always look at those damascus Shun blades with a twinkle in my eye.
When this Classic showed up it certainly did not disappoint. It is not only beautiful to look at but feels amazing in the hand and cuts like a dream.
- SSandy13I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoSimply gorgeous!
Even though I have a full collection of very nice knives I’d researched the Shun knives and loved the look and shape of the Kiritsuke knife. It’s super sharp and feels well balanced in my hand. It’s my new go to knife and it’s really lovely.
- NNarwhalP0ach3rVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoBest Knife You'll Ever Buy
I bought mine 2 weeks ago and it's absolutely perfect. The shape of the tip makes it so you will never have another accordion cut, and it's more sharp than necessary. Makes short work of any raw meats, and veggies don't stand a chance. Buy it.