Enso HD 2 Piece Bunka & Prep Knife Set
- VG-10 steel cutting core for excellent edge retention
- 37-layer stainless Damascus blades with hammered (tsuchime) finish
- Rockwell Hardness 61; blades are hand-ground to approximately 12°
- Double bevel edge for both right and left-handed use
- Black canvas micarta with stainless steel bolster, rivets and end cap; enclosed full tang handle construction ensures strength, durability and balance
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 35699-021
- ESEdward S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Bought For MyselfHas Owned Product For Under 1 MonthUses Product DailyRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoEnso Bunka & Prep knife set
Easy to handle and nicely balanced as well as sharp out of the box. Effortless slicing with these. About half the cost of other Japanese knives.
- LLotharVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars11 months agoExcellent weight and beautiful craftsmanship.
I bought these as a gift for two aspiring chefs. They have never had Japanese steel before and they love them. I find the Bunka to be a perfect utility knife.
- SSteveHBVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoExcellent Large Bunka and prep
Very well balanced. I enjoyed the handles, size is good for almost any hand. Sharpness is perfect. Great set for the price. I would recommend this to anyone
- HHopinVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoJust great looking knives at a fair price.
My first Japanese kitchen knives! They are very well made, sharp, hold an edge well, look good, and are just the rite size for a home chef! I'm so impressed, I've added a 3.5 inch pairing knife!
- BBJeeVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars2 years agoDo not know what to feel
I bought this a month ago and was very excited to hold them in my hand. After the 1st touch I was disappointed due to the small handle especially the 5,5". I have normal size man hand, but it is really small. After time I get used to it, but ....
Edge retention is not as good as I expected. Not bad, but after 1 week soft (home) usage I had to sharpen it.
The blade looks so nice, delicate, but to fancy for me. The grinding of the handle is not immaculate.
My wife prefers the 5,5", I do the 7"
Long story short, It is nice, but would not purchase them again. I would prefer original japanese style blades and handle