Global 8" Model X Chef's Knife
- Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel wide blade is made up of chromium, molybdenum and vanadium
- 10 to 15° double bevel blade edge is ground on each side; single piece of steel for unsurpassed performance
- Ice-tempered, Rockwell Hardness of 56-58° holds a unique razor-sharp convex edge longer
- Stainless steel hygienic handle with signature dimple pattern offering a comfortable, slip-resistant grip
- Improved ergonomic handle is filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance
- Made in Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash with gentle dish soap and dry
Item number: GF-98
- JFJOHN F.Verified BuyerReviewingGlobal 8" Model X Chef's Knife with Hollow EdgeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Bought For MyselfHas Owned Product For Under 1 MonthUses Product WeeklyRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agogreat chef's knife
Super sharp, feels good in my hand, easy to clean, looks good, just a fine knife to own
- TTomVerified BuyerReviewingGlobal 8" Model X Chef's Knife with Hollow EdgeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoBeautiful knife
Perfect all around knife for the kitchen
- CColinYVerified BuyerReviewingGlobal 8" Model X Chef's Knife with Hollow EdgeI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoFine Heavy-duty Chef’s Knife
The Global Model-X is a good, heavyweight chef’s knife. Given that it carries the GF label, it is a forged knife, according to Global. Nicely finished and sharp as received as Global’s typically are. Scallops look very cool--maybe help with sticking too. Blade is quite thick on its back in front of the handle and does not taper as rapidly toward the tip as usual. This is good for pushing on back of the blade with the spare hand. Extra width and weight of blade is nice for smashing garlic with the side of the blade and swinging blade to chop thick tough vegetables. Very cool that C&M developed this knife with Global and is exclusive to them.
- TSTop S.Verified BuyerReviewingGlobal 8" Model X Chef's Knife with Hollow EdgeI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? Over 65Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGlobal 8 inch Model X Chef's Knife with Hollow Edg
I use this knife every day, and it is a joy to use. It is balanced, wonderful in my hand, and it cuts in a super fashion. It also holds it razor sharp edge wonderfully. I know it is a "technicality" but the metal alloy in this knife is the very best for a knife. I have been a surgeon for over 48 years and I know "blades" and this is a super one.
- ATAmerica's Test C.Verified BuyerReviewingGlobal 8" Model X Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoI'm so glad I bought this knife!
The first time I saw the Global 8" Model X Chef's knife on the Cutlery and More website, I thought it might be the perfect chef knife for my needs. I'm already the very happy owner of a Shun Classic 8" chef knife, the very first Japanese chef knife I've ever owned, but as beautiful as that knife is, it has to be handled with care due to it's thin, hard steel. So I thought it would be nice to have a "backup" chef's knife, that was just as sharp, but more durable and able to take more abuse, and this Global Model X seemed to fit the bill exactly.
The knife itself is just a masterpiece of modern industrial design. Made from Cromova stainless steel from tip to butt, it has a solid, confident feel. The dimple textured handle is surprisingly non-slip, and very ergonomic. The balance is perfect, and the workmanship exemplary.
Slicing and dicing with this knife is a joy. As soon as I took it out of the box, I gave it a few passes on my leather strop, and then tested it's sharpness, and was just blown-away! This knife is SCARY SHARP right out of the box. My first use for it was to prep vegetables for a batch of chicken soup, and it handled onions, celery and carrots with ease. It's an absolute joy to use, so much so, you feel a little let down having run out of food to cut up!
While one might think it's a heavy knife, it's really not that bad at all. My "light" Shun Classic 8" chef knife is 207 grams, where as the Global Model X is 244 grams. Yes, you can feel…