Miyabi Kaizen 2 Piece Chef's & Paring Knife Set
- VG10 super steel (CMV60) encased by 64 layers of Damascus
- Damascus pattern uses a traditional 3-step Honbazuke technique
- 60 Rockwell Hardness; traditional Japanese blade hand-honed to a double bevel 9 to 12° angle
- Micarta D-shape handle with mosaic accent complimented by red spacers and a steel end-cap with logo
- Handcrafted by expert artisans in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only
Item number: 34183-000
- MJMedian J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoJapanese Knives are different
Great knife, my first Japanese kitchen knife and exactly as expected. I've only used German knives to this point.
That being said, I have had to reset my approach.
As I use this knife, I have to reconsider how I handle it, the ingredients I use, my technique... This knife has created a different philosophy for me towards cooking. Its design, it's material, its hardness and sizing do not lend these knives to being multi-tools. They perform in a very specific manner, and to use them outside of their scope would be a dis-service.
I am a novice, so that may have some bearing on my transition. But I am thrilled with these knives as I work towards developing a new facet to my love for cooking.
- DDebbieSVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoAmazing Beautiful and Functional
I can’t rave about these knives enough! I’m cooking things that require me to use them I love them so much! They are beautiful works of art as well. I purchased a walnut magnetic knife holder so they can be seen. To beautiful to keep hidden in a drawer or block.
- RRichardVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoI'm in love...
For the longest time I've wanted to try one of these so I finally convinced my wife (who thinks a $5 knife is just as good as this) to let me buy it...
Let's just say there's something special about being able to cut a tomato paper-thin with one hand...enough said?
- PPeninatorVerified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? IntermediateWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoSo many choices
I already had two expensive sets of knives, a Wustof Ikon and a set from Zwilling, but these two knives just give me more great choices to use. These things are well made and cut like nobodies business. Really like them, a lot.
- KKiikiiVerified BuyerI recommend this productHow old are you? 25-34Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoSharp sharp sharp
As title explains very nice sharp knives. They are extremely thin, well balanced, and pretty. The price is great for the pair! Photos do not do these knives justice, they have an incredible tight feel that screams handmade quality. If you are looking for Japanese knives on the budget side with incredible quality go with these. I'm learning it's better to buy a few essential quality knives vs mid quality set. I couldn't be happier with these knives.... (They are much nicer than the shun in similar price range) :) also incredibly fast shipping. All in all 10/10