Messermeister Royale Elite 2 Piece Starter Knife Set
- One-piece, fully forged German stainless steel alloy blade; 57-58 Rockwell Hardness
- Hot dropped hammer forged high carbon stainless steel construction
- Hand-polished 15° Elite blade edge; ergonomic balance
- American Walnut Burl handle features a rich deep brown flared pattern
- Handcrafted in Solingen, Germany with a lifetime warranty
Item number: E/9000-2CP
- BHB H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 45-54Rated 4 out of 5 stars6 years agoExcellent chef and paring knives, but...
I've been a cook for many years and truly appreciate quality kitchen knives. I researched many hours before deciding on the Messermeister Royale elite brand. These knives are extremely sharp, well balanced and are a pleasure to use. Upon their arrival I spent the first few days seasoning the wood handles before use. The only problem I've discovered involves the handle of the chef knife. The bottom section of the chef knife handle must've slipped through quality control. The bottom section where my fingers grip while holding the knife has a very rough spot that had not been smoothed. This obvious rough area should've been discovered before being released for sale. I will fix the handle with wool and fine sandpaper to remove the gouge and make it smooth. I'm not above making small adjustments to my purchase instead of returning it. I will get the handle in proper condition. But for a $200 knife, this should not have been sold without being corrected.
I've enclosed a photo of my knives but the darkness of the wood makes it nearly impossible to see the rough wood.