Messermeister Meridian Elite 8" Stealth Chef's Knife
- One-piece, fully forged German stainless steel alloy blade; 56-57 Rockwell Hardness
- Hot dropped hammer forged high carbon stainless steel construction
- Hand-polished 15° Elite blade edge; ergonomic balance
- Triple rivet POM handle with polished spine
- Handcrafted in Germany with a lifetime warranty
Item number: E/3686-8S
- Mmat6719Verified BuyerReviewingMessermeister Meridian Elite 8" Stealth Chef's KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoQuality knife at a good price
This is a well balanced sharp knife that performs well. It makes the tougher vegetables such as carrots a much easier chore.
- GGDooleyVerified BuyerReviewingMessermeister Meridian Elite 8" Stealth Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoBetter than expected
Love the feel of this Chef knife!
- 22ManyBladesVerified BuyerReviewingMessermeister Meridian Elite 9" Stealth Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 35-44Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years ago9 Inch Stealth is the Fuhrer!
Bought the 9 inch and the balance is perfect! The blade is convex ground and super sharp just the way I like them. I am keeping this German but selling my others with full bolster and lower quality steel. I wish I would have tried Messer first and saved time and money. Since acquiring it, I have used it extensively and only needed to strop it on my hanging barbers strop, since its convex, and it is shaving so much hair off of me I look like I have a medical condition. Too bad they sold out of 9 inch before the deal ends but, knowing what I know now, I would pay full price. I am glad I took the leap! If you want one German to do it all, including the hard stuff, but have moved on to Japanese style then get this one in "9 inch thin blade Stealth" and you will be very happy indeed! Light, nimble, balanced, sharp, and powerful!
- NINed in D.ReviewingMessermeister Meridian Elite 9" Stealth Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoAn excellent, nimble and sharp knife!
I bought this as a replacement for anothe 9" Messermeister I had to sell a few years ago. They are superb knives. Out of the box sharpness is excellent and edge retention is quite good, not as good as VG10 or other harder steels but more than adequate and it is very easy to hone with a steel or a ceramic rod and bring it back to full sharpness, the reduced bolster makes maintenance so much easier!
The 9"is just about the perfect size, it has the length to readily handle large cabbages, butternut squash, etc. but isn't so long and heavy as to be cumbersome and too long for a household size cutting board.
The only downside was that the handle on my example could have used another few second on the finisher, there was a little roughness, but a couple of minutes with some sandpaper took care of it.
- JjsoVerified BuyerReviewingMessermeister Meridian Elite 9" Stealth Chef's KnifeI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedWhat is your gender? MaleHow old are you? 55-64Rated 5 out of 5 stars8 years agoOMG! I LOVE this knife!
I bough this knife about 5 weeks ago. It arrived in a couple of days. I love how light it is, how ridiculously sharp it, and the entire feel of the knife. I have been a chef in life, going back more than 40 years, and I love knives. This one is a winner!!!