Kramer 400 Grit Glass Water Stone
- Made from synthetic ceramic whetstone
- Grit #400 changes the angle of the edge; edge repair
- Efficiently sharpens knives to desired sharpness
- Sharpens all knives, excluding ceramic
- Made in Japan
Item number: 34999-003
- YYuriVerified BuyerReviewingKramer Glass Water Stone Sharpening KitI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoHappy with the results
Very happy with the results of this knife sharpening stone
- RRickHHVerified BuyerReviewingKramer Glass Water Stone Sharpening KitI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoRazor sharp edges like never before
Being somewhat of a foodie and home chef, I bought this set because I was tired of trying to get a good sharp edge with just a steel and or things like carbide sharpeners. I gulped a little at the price but I believe you have to pay for quality - just as you have to do with knives. The base is sturdy and adjustable for a snug fit across my sink. I recommend using it as a sink bridge because it makes adding water and cleanup much easier. Following Bob Kramer's instructions I sharpened up a set of Shun knives and they all sliced tomatoes effortlessly with zero drag. With just the weight of the knife and no pressure from me the newly sharpened blades slipped through a ripe tomato like butter. The edge I was able to achieve is much better than any method I have tried in the past. I am very pleased with this purchase. It is worth the money.
- CCatBVerified BuyerReviewingKramer Glass Water Stone Sharpening KitI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoWorks great!
Easy to use and keeps all my knives sharp as new! Best purchase ever!
- BBobVerified BuyerReviewingKramer Glass Water Stone Sharpening KitI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? AdvancedRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoFinally, I can get my knives sharp.
Nice system. This is the fourth knife sharpening system I’ve purchased. I followed the dvd instructions and had perfect success. I also purchased the 3000, 10000 stones and the leather. Knifes are absolutely sharp. Pricey but worth it.
- CChronVerified BuyerReviewingKramer Glass Water Stone Sharpening KitI recommend this productWhat is your cooking skill level? ProfessionalRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoWonderful feel, good deal.
I have several other water stones and sharpeners, mostly in lower grits, and feel that these are some of the best available. At comparable ratings the feel of the 400 or 1000 these Kramer stones is far better than any natural stone I have used. I expect the biggest competitor to these would be shapton glass.
These have done great work on my Spyderco MBS-26 steel knives and masakuge VG-10. Victorinox steel sharpens in about half the time and takes an edge easily. The 5000 grit stone is a pleasure to use. I will buy more kramer and chosera
products, definitely the 10k stone and maybe the chosera 3k.The naniwa sink bridge seems sturdier, but this one is very nicely made and fits a hotel pan well.
While very expensive, this is definitely what it took for me to feel like I was doing a better job at home than I could get from a local contract sharpener. If you pay attention to the burr as Kramer says, and don't follow any superstitions, I think anyone can sharpen well with practice. 5k-10k grit on stones this nice is a whole world sharper than the edge that a single belt on power grinder can achieve. You will understand stropping once you start to take the burr off with these stones and get truly sharp.