Henckels Forged Premio 8" Chef's Knife
- Forged blade; full bolster; full tang, triple rivet handle
- 15° blade angle; 56-58 Rockwell Hardness
- Satin-finish stainless steel blade construction
- Logo on end-cap; ergonomic design for comfortable grip
- Made in China with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 16901-201
- BBryce99Verified BuyerI recommend this productWhat is your gender? MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoA Very Pleasant Surprise
I bought this knife after reading the “Best Knife Overall” assessment from Consumer Reports. [Paul Hope, September 28, 2021] I had to see how a $40.00 budget chef’s knife could earn such a rave review.
I own, and use, a large stable of Japanese and German knives (Kramer, Zwilling, Yaxell, Miyabi, Enso, Shun, MAC, Wusthof, Global, etc.). I currently have the Global they tested. I don’t own the MAC they assessed; mine is an MTH-80 - which is one of my favorites. How could this budget knife be in the same ball park?
Well kids, a pleasant surprise. It does live up to the review. It validated all the CU reviewer’s points and comments.
It is a first-rate knife, way exceeding my expectations:
Wicked sharp out of the box.
I’ve only had the knife a week so it’s too early to discuss edge retention. With a declared factory bevel of 15º and HRC reports ranging from 54 to 58, time will tell. So far, it’s feels as sharp as it did the first time.
Its fit and finish is excellent. First-rate quality and attention to detail throughout. Comfortable to hold and use.
Its weight, for me, is perfect; not too heavy, not too light.
Balance: With my pinch grip, it is a wee bit tail-heavy.
Overall, an excellent knife. A go-to chef’s knife that doesn’t break the bank. I’d absolutely buy it again.
Kudos to Henckels for crafting it. Kudos to Cutlery and More for carrying it.
- CChiliVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoBrownie Points
My wife has been extremely happy with her set of knives. Everyone that has come to the house has commented on them positively. One of the best gifts I have ever given her.