Enso HD 7 Piece Knife Block Set
- VG-10 steel cutting core for excellent edge retention
- 37-layer stainless Damascus blades with hammered (tsuchime) finish
- Rockwell Hardness 61; blades are hand-ground to approximately 12°
- Double bevel edge for both right and left-handed use
- Black canvas micarta with stainless steel bolster, rivets and end cap; enclosed full tang handle construction ensures strength, durability and balance
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan with a lifetime warranty
Item number: 35699-074AC
- MRMitchell R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoENSO 7 PC KNIFE BLOCK SET...... PERFECT GIFT!
My daughter and her husband just purchased their first home in the communist state of California. They needed a set of cutlery and was clueless about what they should purchase. I stepped in and for Christmas sent them the 7 PC Enso Knife Block Set. I thought it to be a perfect starter set for young Gen X'ers. Certainly, markedly better than a kitchen knife set from Walmart. It's only been 3 days since Christmas, but I'm already getting rave reviews. It's amazing how a decent set of knives can open can so boldly expand one's culinary interest and culinary exploration. It's a beautiful thing to observe. Enso makes a very decent knife for the money and serves as a good introduction to the vast world of Japanese cutlery. Learn and appreciate at an Enso level, then graduate at some future point to something more expensive and extravagant. My daughter and her husband appreciates the weight, balance, and quality of construction, as well as how the handle fits nicely in the hand. It gives them far better control when slicing and dicing, making it a far safer task. Overall, the 7 PC Enso Knife Block is a home run and highly recommended by a Dad who is, for the most part, ignorant about most things in life.
- JJJohn J B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoGreat choice for a gift.
I bought this set as a gift. I already own the Santoku identical to the one in this set. I use it many times a day and it stays sharp. Balance, handle design make this knife a pleasure to use safely with a pinch grip and a return which protects finger from the heel and cutting board. It's as beautiful as it was on day one. The chef's knife in the set is perfect size . The other knives and the scissors make a complete set. Later, if the recipient wants to add a different style such as a Nakuri, they can do that but the basic set included here covers all the important bases. These should last a lifetime and one can be proud to own and use them.